Welcome to Footsteps Fleet
After intricately planned renovations to make the existing site into a fresh, flexible and welcoming space, Footsteps are thrilled to be opening the Fleet site in early January.
Based in the grounds of Fleet Town Football Club, there is a strong ethos towards a caring and nurturing setting, where children thrive.
This site will adopt a Reggio Emilia approach to learning. This inspiring child-led style is an innovative approach to early childhood education which values the child as strong, capable and resilient; rich with wonder and knowledge. Every child brings with them deep curiosity and potential and this innate curiosity drives their interest to understand their world and their place within it.
Key principles include:
- Children search out knowledge through their own investigations into what interests them
- A strong emphasis on collaboration with their peers
- Using language as play to explore ways of communication and to be listened to with respect
- Providing an environment to inspire learning and open-ended materials and tools to explore surroundings
- Activities are planned based on children’s interests and adults take the role of guides and mentors to facilitate learning experiences
- To discover how each individual child learns and not separating learning and play
With 40 places this nursery and pre-school values the opportunity to really understand each and every child. Places are available for children aged 3 months to 5 years and will be open from 7.45am to 6.00pm. Footsteps can provide a healthy cold packed lunch if required.
Our experienced Forest School leader and Manager Wendy Hamley, is a dedicated practitioner who will lead our professional and passionate team to provide a home from home for your child.
Or fill out the below form and we will get back to you: