Welcome to Footsteps Maple Cross
After intricately planned renovations to make the existing site into a fresh, flexible and welcoming space, Footsteps are thrilled to be opening the Maple Cross site in early January. With use of our own garden, the school field and large open spaces we can ensure your children have plenty of exercise, fresh air and opportunity to enjoy a healthy life style.
Based in the grounds of Maple Cross JMI School, there is a strong ethos towards a caring and nurturing setting, where children thrive.
This site will adopt a Reggio Emilia approach to learning. This inspiring child-led style is an innovative approach to early childhood education which values the child as strong, capable and resilient; rich with wonder and knowledge. Every child brings with them deep curiosity and potential and this innate curiosity drives their interest to understand their world and their place within it.
Key principles include:
- Children search out knowledge through their own investigations into what interests them
- A strong emphasis on collaboration with their peers
- Using language as play to explore ways of communication and to be listened to with respect
- Providing an environment to inspire learning and open-ended materials and tools to explore surroundings
- Activities are planned based on children’s interests and adults take the role of guides and mentors to facilitate learning experiences
- To discover how each individual child learns and not separating learning and play
With 24 places this pre-school values the opportunity to really understand each and every child. Places are available for children aged 18 months to 5 years and will be open from 8am – 4pm. Footsteps can provide a healthy cold packed lunch if required.
Our experienced Forest School leader and Manager Kathy Reynolds, is a dedicated practitioner who will lead our professional and passionate team to provide a home from home for your child.
Meet Kathy – Kathy is our amazing manager at Maple Cross. She has been at Footsteps from day one and opening the nursery back in 2012.
Kathy is a very experienced SENCO (special educational needs coordinator) and a fully qualified EYFS Practitioner.
“As well as, running the nursery, I am also the Forest School and Reggio Emilia co-ordinator. I have a huge passion for child-centred education and maximising learning opportunities from the world around us.”
Or fill out the below form and we will get back to you: