Welcome to Footsteps Pre-School Watermead
Footsteps are thrilled to be opening our Watermead pre-school in September 2020. Based in the grounds of The Piazza, in Aylesbury, this bright welcoming space will have a strong ethos towards a caring and nurturing setting, as well as access to plenty of outside space where all children can thrive.
Throughout all Footsteps nurseries and pre-schools, a strong sense of community is a part of everyday life. From our annual summer BBQ’s to trips to the Christmas panto, parent stay and play sessions, to visiting the local care home. The Footsteps approach ensures that everyone is engaged, from start to finish, in the children’s learning and development.
Key principles include:
- Children search out knowledge through their own investigations into what interests them
- A strong emphasis on collaboration with their peers
- Using language as play to explore ways of communication and to be listened to with respect
- Providing an environment to inspire learning and open-ended materials and tools to explore surroundings
- Activities are planned based on children’s interests and adults take the role of guides and mentors to facilitate learning experiences
- To discover how each individual child learns and not separating learning and play
With 28 places this pre-school values the opportunity to really understand each and every child. Places are available for children aged 2 years + and will be open from 7.30am to 2.00pm.
Tasha Hamer, Manager of Watermead said “Our Watermead pre-school is the setting for plenty of fun, giggles and exploring the world through a huge range of activities and play. Our staff are dedicated to providing your child with an encouraging and supportive approach to their well-being, as well as to setting strong foundations for their education. We love getting plenty of fresh air and exercise and are lucky to have our extensive outdoors space. From nature walks to our allotments and outdoor learning activities, I am proud to be part of this fantastic team!”
Or fill out the below form and we will get back to you: