Continuous Development: Training at Footsteps
We place huge value on our staff and it is in the interests of our nurseries and pre-schools, the children, families and the individual, that each staff member is given the opportunity to develop their skills to their maximum and to broaden their knowledge and skills in caring for children.
Personal and professional development is essential to maintaining the quality and delivery of high quality care and education for young children in early years. It underpins all aspects of curriculum delivery and positive interactions.
At Footsteps we strongly promote constant professional development and all staff have individual training records and continued professional development plans to enhance their skills and expertise.
To facilitate the development of staff we:
- Lead and role model with staff, and offer encouragement and support to achieve a high level of morale and motivation
- Promote teamwork through ongoing communication
- Provide opportunities for delegation based on skills and expertise
- Encourage staff to contribute ideas for change and activities
- Encourage staff to further their experience and knowledge by attending relevant external training courses
- Encourage staff to pass on their knowledge to those who are less experienced
- Provide regular in-house training relevant to the needs of the children
- Develop a continued professional development plan addressing both qualifications and continuous professional development needs of the setting and of individual staff
- Promote a positive learning culture within the setting
- Provide inductions to welcome all new staff and assign a senior member of staff to support new staff
- Offer ongoing support and guidance
We are continuously updating our training so that we can best provide for all of the physical, emotional and wellbeing needs of our children and our teams. This tailored training always brings fresh ideas, is a great boost to confidence and their ability to perform their tasks to the highest level.
As well as regular courses in everything you would expect such as Advanced Safeguarding and Paediatric First Aid, we offer continuous development for our staff through both practical training sessions and through our dedicated learning portal. We always want to be the best we can be and have very recently completed courses in:
- Food safety and Hygiene
- In the Moment planning
- Motivating boys
- Health and safety
- Understanding Autism
- Infectious diseases
- Children’s mental health
- Employee mental health & wellbeing
- Working with Babies
We know that trusting us to care for and educate your children involves a lot of trust, and for giving us that, we are always grateful as well as incredibly proud of the job done by our incredible team of passionate practitioners and managers.