Feeling the heat at Footsteps
As you are all probably aware, a red weather warning has been issued in our region for extreme heat.
We wanted to reassure you that at present nursery will be open as usual and we will be taking steps to keep children as cool and comfortable as possible during this time. Please dress your children in light coloured, loose clothing and ensure you pack plenty of extras, Please also ensure they have sun hats.
Steps we will be taking at nursery include:
– Keeping children indoors during peak hours
– Suncream and hats outdoors
– We have erected lots of shade sails across the garden to create shady areas
– Lots of ice and water play (they WILL get wet)
– Keeping the room as well ventilated as possible
– Ensuring children remain hydrated with plenty of fluids. (Cold water from tap every half hour)
We will monitor the situation and keep a close eye on the children in our care. Children cannot control their body temperature as efficiently as adults during hot weather because they do not sweat as much and so can be at risk of ill-health from heat. We may ask you to come and collect your child if they develop signs or heat-stoke or heat stress.
If you decide to keep your child at home please still contact us to let us know.
The Footsteps Team